Virtually invisible aligners
Over the course of your treatment, you will be given a set of removable aligners that look a bit like retainers. The system uses thermoplastic material to gradually straighten your teeth.
To keep the straightening process going, your aligners need to be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day. You can remove them for eating or brushing your teeth, but if taken out too much, treatment won’t be as effective.
The total treatment time averages from nine to 18 months but can take as little as three1 depending on the type of Invisalign aligners you have.
Types of Invisalign treatment
There are different types of Invisalign systems which might be suitable for you, depending on your clinical needs. At Total Orthodontics, we can offer:
- Invisalign full: The most common type of Invisalign treatment which can treat several common orthodontic issues.
- Invisalign Teen: Invisalign treatment specifically designed for teenagers, which includes parent-friendly features such as indicators if your child isn’t wearing their aligners enough.
- Invisalign Lite: Suitable for the treatment of simple to moderate orthodontic issues. Treatment time can take as little as three months2.
- Invisalign i7: A type of cosmetic teeth straightening designed for mild cosmetic orthodontic issues.
Benefits of Invisalign treatment
If you’re considering orthodontic treatment but don’t like the thought of fixed braces, then clear aligners could prove the ideal solution. Our patients love the fact that they’re:
- Almost invisible: It’s barely noticeable you’re having your teeth straightened
- Custom-made: Each set of aligners are unique to your teeth
- Removable when needed: Eat and brush as normal throughout treatment
- Less painful4: Invisalign aligners can be less painful than traditional metal braces
If you’re not sure about Invisalign aligners but are still interested in straightening your teeth with orthodontic treatment, your orthodontist can talk you through all the available treatment options for you during an initial consultation.
Alternative treatment options
As with all braces, it’s important to make sure you’re suitable for Invisalign. Some orthodontic problems can be too much for aligners, and in these cases, we’d recommend clear or lingual braces as discreet alternatives.
If you’re ready to learn how Invisalign could work for you, most of our practices offer free consultations† so you can find out more before you commit to a treatment plan. Simply fill out the free consultation form below, including your preferred practice, and someone will be in touch.
Clear braces, also known as ceramic braces, consist of transparent or tooth-coloured brackets, and provide a more discreet alternative to traditional metal braces.
They offer the same precise results as fixed braces and are one of our most affordable ‘invisible’ options, making them a popular choice for both adults and teenagers.
We offer a range of the latest clear braces, including Clarity™ ADVANCED and Avex, both of which have been designed with discreetness and comfort in mind.
The benefits of clear braces
Clear braces blend almost seamlessly with your teeth, allowing you to confidently smile your way through treatment. While a smooth ergonomic design aims to reduce any discomfort.
Damon Clear also has the added benefit of a self-ligating design, which means less trips to the orthodontist and easier cleaning for you.